Sunday, September 26, 2010

BMC XC Meet and this week's schedule

Some of the varsity girls with their first place trophy and Ms. Heather!

Congratulations to these fast girls -- Raeley, Catherine, Olivia, Julie, Martha, Emilee, Danielle, Sarah, Margaret, Kendra, and Haley!

Didn't get a group shot of the JV boys, but those who ran are -- Logan, Clay, Robert, Nathan, and Richard.

This is most of the JV girls -- Lexie, Eryn, Hannah D., Leslie, Hannah S., Belle, Shanda, Mackenzie, Kirsten, and Claire.

Varsity boys -- Nicholas, Forrest, Andy, Landers, Josh, Landers, and Cale.
Message from Ms. Sheri:
BMC XC RACE: Let me begin with a WAY TO GO to everyone but most especially to those varsity girls who finished first as a team. You guys did really well and showed your committment. Keep up the good work! I also want to mention those who really stood out as I watched from the sidelines: Shanda - you pushed and achieved - YES! ; Leslie - your hard work is paying off - You were at the front of the pack! ; Forrest - keep pushing yourself you had a great race today! ; Martha - I'm so glad that you didn't listen to the little voice that wanted you to hold back. You passed that girl and did so well! ; Kirsten - I never saw you look as determined as you did today. I want to see more of that at practice! ; Lexie - I'm glad you stuck it out eventhough you didn't feel well in the beginning of the race. Pre-race jitters are norman, but don't let them hold you back. Now run to win the prize - even if it's uncomfortable.
THIS WEEK: Let's be encouraged that as we keep plugging along through the season we will get out what we put in. If I pour chocolate milk into my cup and then bump into it I would expect chocolate milk down the front of my clothes. If I put all my effort into my practice schedule, I will have resources to call upon on race day. Of course, the opposite is true. If I put nothing in I can get nothing out. I see some on all levels coming to practice to visit with friends. I will not discourage fellowship, but please remember there is a price that will be paid on race day when your mouth is not tired but your legs are falling off. Start this new week by telling yourself you will expect more from yourself. Visit with your friends before and after practice but during practice run as if you are competing for the prize - even if it's uncomfortable. I hear a great quote last week: "What do you do when you're running and it hurts so much?" "I run faster so I'll be finished with the pain sooner." Please notice the speaker did not stop when the going got tough. Instead she got tougher. Step it up Spartans - for yourself and for your team! If you raise the bar you might be surprised at what you can accomplish.
UNION XC RACE: I emailed Coach Johnson at Union to get some specific details but I think the varsity number is actually 8 per team which would change our roster. As soon as I get confirmation I will email the roster to you.
SUNDAY 26th -- OFF
MONDAY 27th -- Saltillo 4pm optional
Varsity - 6 miles (Forrest 6 for you too)
JV - 4 miles
Jr. JV - 4 miles
Fitness - 25 minutes
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MACKENZIE!
TUESDAY 28th -- Park along the River 4pm
WEAR YOUR SPARTAN SHIRT SO WE CAN TAKE A TEAM PICTURE FIRST
Varsity - 4x200 w. 90 sec. + 1x1 mile w. 60 sec. (Forrest 2x800 w. 60 sec. anaerobic threshold)
JV - speed workout
Jr. JV - 3 miles
Fitness - 25 minutes
WEDNESDAY 29th -- Everyone off (YOU TOO FORREST)
THURSDAY 30th -- Ballard Park 4pm
Varsity - 5 miles (Forrest 6 miles)
JV - 3 miles
Jr. JV - 3 miles
Fitness - 25 minutes
CRUNCH CONTEST TODAY AFTER THE RUN. PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED FOR THE TWO TOP FINISHERS (ONE FOR THE BOYS AND ONE FOR THE GIRLS)
FRIDAY OCTOBER 1st --
Forrest - 4 miles
Everyone else rest
SATURDAY OCTOVER 2nd --
UNION XC Varsity and JV or Corinth 5K or run 30 minutes
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYLER!

No comments:

Post a Comment